Project name: Development of changes and information campaign on the draft amendments to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic in part of the LSG system
Impementation: Development Policy Institute, Kyrgyz Republic
Donation: The U. S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic Democracy Commission
Coverage: all oblasts of the Kyrgyz Republic
- analyzed and provided legal review of various options of local self-government, which could be presented as amendments to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- organized and held discussions on the draft amendments at the round table with participation of local self-government representatives, the Constitutional Council, NGOs and experts;
- conducted an awareness campaign to convey to the public the meaning of the changes proposed in the draft of the Constitution in part of the LSG system.
- conducted a survey of the population (2,000 respondents) in regards of the proposed changes to the draft of the Constitution, in part of the LSG system.
- held a regional meeting with delegates of local kenesh to discuss the proposed changes and the results of the opinion poll in all 7 regions.
- held a press conference for the media to inform the public about the results of the opinion poll (in the south and in the north of the country)
- published materials in Kyrgyz and Russian languages to explain in the most available form all proposed amendments to the Constitution in part of the LSG system (20,000 copies for 135 municipalities).