Project name: Capacity building for local governments of Batken, Jalalabad and Osh oblasts to prevent conflicts through more effective resources management by improved municipal property management
Location: Batken, Jalalabad and Osh oblasts, Kyrgyzstan
Period: March - November 2011
Involved in: Project design and implementation
- Improve municipal property (MP) management knowledge among specialists of rural local governments (Aiyl Okmotu – AO), local councils’ deputies and local communities of Batken, Jalalabad and Osh oblasts;
- assist local governments to achieve effective management of MP, including municipal land, which should result in better environment for local economic development, increase of revenues to local budgets, better municipal services and for conflict prevention;
- establish effective mechanisms for information and practice sharing among local governments, including introduction of inter-municipal cooperation.
- Research and analysis of the relevant asset management status in pilot rural municipalities;
- Training design, training delivery;
- Direct technical assistance to municipalities on application of asset management tools;
- Design and conduct of information and practice dissemination;
- Design, conduct of activities to institutionalize info and practice sharing among municipalities.
- The overall OSCE’s project on the Capacity building of local governments in the South of Kyrgyzstan is being implemented by five (5) Kyrgyz local NGOs. DPI designed the implementation methodology for all five (5) components (organizations) of the project.