Project name: Information Matters – Transparency and Accountability in the Kyrgyz Republic. Budget Reporting for Journalists and Media training Project
Implementation: a consortium of four organizations:
- University of Central Asia (UCA)
- Development Policy Institute (DPI)
- Kyrgyz Stock Exchange Press Club (KSEPC)
- Alliance For Budget Transparency (Alliance)
Period: February 2011 – October 2012
Involvement: Project design, implementation, day-to-day management
Promote transparency and accountability in Kyrgyzstan through better budget reporting by local/National journalists and mass media outlets.
- Training needs assessment design, including survey of journalists, interviewing owners and editors of mass media outlets throughout the country, management of mass media monitoring, analysis, and report design covering findings and recommendations.
- Design of training modules for journalists on various budget related issues.
- Delivery of trainings.
- Providing consultations/mentoring to journalists participating in the Project for their reports on budget issues.
- Facilitation of dialogue between mass media representatives and budget/public finance/tax authorities